Thursday, July 24, 2008

I missed the crazy!

I've been off the anti-crazy pills for about a week now, my prescription having run out last Friday. I can definitely feel the difference. The odd thing is that I don't really mind being off them right now. Granted, with the pills, I was completely rational and sane, able to make decisions logically and free of emotional clouding. It was very comforting and liberating, especially since I had started taking them due to an increasing inability to function under stress.

Now, I'm perched somewhere between irrational impulses and dispassionate detachment. I feel alive and passionate again, wild-eyed and dangerous, but with one foot still planted in the sane, safe world. I hope I can balance this, because I find comfort in the forgotten warmth of that maddening flame, burning with wrath and love and impossible hopes.

Ginger says she'll let me know if I start turning into a dick again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginger Hunter said...

Yeah, me or the pilot on your plane will...with 2 Sky Marshals to assist.

There is of course, a reason artists are called "mad".

:)

8/04/2008 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home